Monday, September 22, 2014

Rio Bueno -- Week 8

This week we had the opportunity to hear from a Seventy in a special mission conference, Elder Francisco Viñas.  He spoke to us about the power of the Atonement, and other principles of the Gospel.  He was such a powerful speaker.  I'm not sure exactly what he does to speak so powerfully, but I'd like to have that skill when I'm his age.  I'd imagine it's a combination of a lot of study, and a lot of practice.  I'm pretty sure he didn't prepare a message for us, or at least he didn't share a pre-planned message.  But the message that he did share was so powerful.  All of his teachings were so good.  I got to play a special musical number with Hermana Latham, "Pachelbel's Canon in D", with her on the piano.

Then, on Thursday, we celebrated Chile's Independence Day, the 18 de Septiembre.


We had a cool activity on Friday, and played a traditional Chilean game that's a lot like horse-shoes.


On Saturday, we had an intercambio [exchange] with the Zone Leaders.

On Sunday, I gave my first two baptismal interviews.  Humberto and Ana are ready to be baptized this weekend.  It's crazy how baptismal interviews are the first interview practice that a Priesthood holder gets in the church.  Interviews are a huge part of leadership in the Church.  A Bishop spends a lot of hours in interviews, and every leader above him probably does too.  I'd imagine that the principles in a baptismal interview are same as any other interview in the Church.  It was cool.

The investigator that we taught in Osorno is going to get baptized in October.  President gave permission to Gisela for me to come to Osorno for a day to baptize her.  That should be fun.

Love you!  Have a good week!

-Elder Crotzer

Editor's note:  He doesn't mention it, but he must have also done some more wood chopping, as the following photo was also attached to his e-mail:


No comments: