Monday, September 8, 2014

Rio Bueno -- Week 6

This week was full of the normal ups and downs.  On Wednesday I got sick, and slogged through the day.  It was an effort to talk to people, to teach, and to have a smile on my face, but I got through it.

On Saturday, President Obeso called.  Elder Warner will be my new companion.  He will be fresh out of the MTC in Mexico.  I know nothing else about him, except that he is from Orem, Utah.

The sister in Rio Bueno will be training as well.  Sister Ball will be training Sister Parkinson, also from Utah (South Fork).

With the changes in companionships, I've become the viejito (old man) of the district, with just a year on the mission.  Sister Ball has 9 months, and the other 3 sisters have between 6 weeks and 6 months.

This next month we will be teaching many less-active members about the temple, preparing for the yearly branch temple trip.  We are also focusing on patriarchal blessings, because many active members do not have theirs.

I hope you have a good week.  I'm excited to train a new Elder.

-Elder Crotzer

Editor's note:  The "ups and downs" include shoes that have worn out.  Thomas bought two pairs and both have worn through the soles and are no longer waterproof, which is only slightly important due to the amount of rain in Chile.  The shoes were guaranteed to last the length of the mission, and so two replacement pairs arrived at Mom's house last week.  Mom is off to the post office to get a quote on how much it will cost to ship the shoes in separate boxes (one right shoe in one box, one left shoe in a separate box, mailed a week apart, to minimize the chances that someone else will be sporting these news shoes besides Thomas).  Mom is also trying to figure out where to buy "Virgin Mary stickers" to plaster across the tape seams of the shipping boxes (which are also said to minimize theft, because no one wants to slice the Virgin Mary in half to steal the contents).  Strangely, Mom does not have Virgin Mary stickers just lying around.

No comments: