It's been another crazy week here in Osorno. General Conference was great, and I was able to watch it with a bunch of gringo missionaries in English, up the stairs of the Stake Center. It felt just like the United States.
I never told you about two weeks ago. We just had TWENTY-EIGHT new missionaries come into the Mission. That's more than double the usual. Truly the work is hastening. And our secretary is pulling out his hair in clumps, trying to keep them all legal.
Today, I bought a 10 dollar pen. I've kept every pen since the MTC [Missionary Training Center], and I haven't lost a single one I've used. So I guess I'm ready for a nice pen. Before the mission, I would have scoffed at anyone who buys a pen worth more than a dollar. I still can't really believe that I did it. But it's a really nice pen.
The other day, we got to go to a high school, and help out a member who is an English teacher there. We had 5-minute conversations with the kids, and the teacher graded them on their language skills. It was actually a lot of fun, and most of the kids were dang good at speaking English.
And then we had our interviews with President. He does the office interviews separately, so Sister Rappleye invited us to eat breakfast at the Mission Home that morning! And it was good. Real pancakes, with maple syrup and everything. The guests were the mail guy (me), historian (my companion), the secretary, the financier, and the two Assistants to the President. And the Rappleyes of course.
In two totally unrelated circumstances, my twin sister Hermana Catherine Crotzer and I both found absolutely adorable puppies in the street. And we took photos. Catherine is serving in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Love you,
-Elder Crotzer
No comments:
Post a Comment