Saturday, April 19, 2014

Fuerza Valpo!

Wow.  Lots happened this week.

We went to a place called Puerto Octay today, for P-day.  And there were some amazing pictures taken.


Our mission is named after the volcano in the background:  Osorno.


Me in a classic Captain Morgan pose:


The guy in the next picture is one of the APs.


He stepped into the frame as a joke, and I just snapped the picture without thinking about it.  And then it came out so good!

Thursday was a day of pure service.  In the morning, we went to the mall, and solicited donations for the Valparaiso Incendio.  Apparently, Valparaiso had a pretty bad wildfire a couple of days ago, and hundreds of houses were burned/destroyed.  So all of Chile has united in an effort to get vital supplies to those suffering up north.  The Red Cross came to our office and asked if we could spare some missionaries to help with some volunteer labor.  So we organized ourselves as a zone, and loaded trucks and solicited donations.


It felt great to be involved with the community, and not just as the Church.


Then in the afternoon, we chopped wood for a member with a hurt arm.  And then we went back to the mall to load the trucks up at the end of the day.



In other news, I talk on the phone a lot.  Probably too much.


My district had a little birthday celebration.  At the end of district meeting, I received a wrapped box.


I was a little apprehensive opening the box, because it's not usual for missionaries to buy each other birthday gifts.  But I shouldn't have worried.  The box contained, among other things:

  • empty jar of peanut butter
  • old sponge
  • used can of axe body spray
  • the thickest carrot I have ever seen
  • a crab apple 

But there were also some pretty sweet gifts.  Like a Chilean flag, and a copper painting to hang on the wall.

Anyway, it was a great week.  Hope yours is great too!
-Elder Crotzer

Editor's note:  An AP is an Assistant to the (mission) President.

No comments: