Monday, October 13, 2014

Rio Bueno -- Week 11

Hi everyone,

This has been a crazy week, as always.  Lots of teaching, service, and a fair amount of coughing (sickness).  Yesterday, on Sunday, we took a short bus ride to be a part of a special event:  the baptism of Sister Guisela Martinez.

While I had been in the mission office in Osorno, Guisela was one of the investigators we taught.  I taught their family over the course of 6.5 months and 5 companions.  Right before I left Osorno to go to Rio Bueno, we had a special lesson at Guisela's house with our mission president, President Obeso, and his wife. In the lesson, Guisela said that she was not ready to be baptized, but she asked President a favor:  when the day came that she was ready, if I could be the one to baptize her.  Usually, missionaries are not allowed to return to their previous sectors, but President granted the Sister's request.  Yesterday, Guisela was baptized.

I have never taught a more sincere searcher of truth.  It was truly a pleasure to teach Guisela and her family.  Her husband was baptized many years ago, but fell away.  He has since returned to the Church with his wife, and was recently ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood.  He will be the one to confirm Guisela a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints next Sunday, and confer upon her the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I'm going to have to figure out some way to save enough money to return to Chile in October of 2015, in order to be present for their sealing in the temple.

True success in the mission is not measured by seeing the fruits of your labors.  True success is measured by diligence and commitment.  But it sure is nice to see some fruits.


-Elder Crotzer

No comments: