This week started out pretty challenging. There was so much time and money spent traveling, and for the first couple days I felt really sick.
Monday, we traveled to Osorno so that my companion could have an interview with President Obeso. Later in the evening we were able to have two really good lessons with two families that we are teaching.
On Tuesday morning, we had an excellent disitrict meeting on how to ask good questions, but in the afternoon I felt so completely dead from allergies, congestion, and a cough. In spite of that, we were still able to set goals and make plans with one of our investigators to get baptized on the 22 of November.
After calling the nurse, we traveled to Osorno again on Wednesday to get some medication for my illness, and when we got home I felt so terrible that I slept for about four hours in the evening in the house. I hate being sick on the mission. You feel so guilty for not going out to work. If it had been a matter of personal discomfort, I would have kept working, but I was starting to get dizzy and fade in and out, and I wasn't going to be able to help anyone come closer to Christ in that condition.
I felt a little better in time for our 8:00 PM appointment, so we went and taught. It was a fantastic lesson. We taught Maria and Erwin more about the importance of getting married, with the goal of baptism in mind. Teaching them is such a pleasant experience. They are so sincere.
Cambios [transfers] were this last week, and we had a missionary leave the district, and a new missionary enter. Now the district is only trainers and new missionaries. It's cool to see that progress of a new missionary, because they learn and grow so quickly.
Even though I was taking some pretty strong anitbiotics, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were pretty rough as far as sickness. But I finished the antibiotics, and I feel better now. Apparently there are a ton of missionaries in our mission that are sick with whatever I had.
Hope you have a good week!
-Elder Crotzer
No comments:
Post a Comment