Monday, January 6, 2014

New Companion! More changes!

Hi everyone!

Gosh what a crazy week.  We had just the trunkiest New Year's ever, but my companion, Elder Damasco arrived, and we got right to work.

We're not allowed to proselyte on the 31st or 1st, so we ate lunch with a member family and played the Chilean version of horseshoes, which I rocked with my old companion, Elder Beirouti.

Elder Beirouti left to be a zone leader, and is my second companion to do so.  So the joke is that I'm not in training, but that I train zone leaders.

With the leaving of Elder Beirouti, two sectors in my ward joined together.  So now Elder Damasco and I have a mountain of people to teach and miles and miles of streets to walk.  Elder Damasco walks really fast, but I love it.  The more people we teach, the more excited he gets, and the faster he walks, and the more people we teach.

Thanks for everyone that wrote me.  I really love to hear from all of you back home.

If there is one lesson I've learned in the mission, it's the periods of greatest growth come during the periods of greatest stress and heartache and misery.  What did Jesus Christ himself accomplish during his period of greatest challenge?

Family, I loved hearing about the missionary efforts and everything.  Keep it up!  Mama, I just about died laughing when I read your email.  My own mother, writing about missionary goals and numbers in an email from home!  All of the Chileans around were thinking, "Who is this crazy gringo laughing his head off?"  But I loved it, Mama, keep going!

I love you all. ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
-Elder Crotzer

No comments: