Monday, January 27, 2014

Need Help: Send Shoes Please

Editor's note:  Thomas sent the following to his mother this week.  It gives a little different flavor of serving a mission in a foreign country.

Here I am in Chile with the fastest-walking companion in the mission, and my shoes are dying.  I bought the shoes, and everything else for my mission, from "Missionary Mall" in Provo, Utah.  I know that everything they sold me has a two-year warranty, except maybe the shoes.  I also know that they told me I could snap a photo of the failure, and they would send a new one to New Mexico for free.  I don't think they will ship to Chile, but you can ask.

Can you please inquire with Missionary Mall about the shoes, and replacing them with the warranty, and everything about this process?

The problem with the shoes is that the heel is wearing unevenly on my left shoe.  The rubber on the bottom of the shoe on the inside is wearing faster than the outside, and I'm starting to walk crooked.  Which is not good.

The shoes will last another couple months at least, but we're getting to the end, and they were pretty expensive shoes ($90 a pair).  It will cost $30 a pair to have the shoes repaired in Chile, and the repair would be to replace the entire rubber bottom.  So I'm not really sure what to do.

Also, if I could have some photos of the family, that would be nice too.

There will be a Zone Conference here in Puerto Montt, and the missionary leaders want me to play violin. The only problem is that I don't have any sheet music.  If you could send sheet music of a violin DUET accompanied by piano, that would be awesome.  If you can find it, an arrangement of "Come Thou Fount" would be SPECTACULAR.

Thank you for all the support and emails as always!  Tell Sarah congratulations on her Science Fair and send my regards to everyone!

I'm out of time again....
-Elder Crotzer

Editor's note again:  Thomas' mom told him to take his shoes to a shoe repair to have them re-soled.  Packages from the States to Chile are very very expensive to ship and most often are stolen en-route anyway.

No comments: