Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting Settled

Hi everyone,

The mission rules are a bit different in Chile.  Our president wants everyone to write their family an email before they write anyone else.  So here goes.

This week has been crazy.  I think I'm finally adjusting to the culture and all of the things that I never thought about, but that are so so different.  Like the stray dogs and the tiny houses.  I don't even notice it anymore.

Mama, you'll be proud to hear that I think all of my departamento-mates probably think I'm a cleaning freak. Thank you for endowing me with this inability to stand dirty dishes, counter tops, toilets, sinks, and windows.  (But really though, I am sincere about this.)  Our apartment looks a lot better, but I still don't think you'd be able to live here comfortably.

It's funny how I still find ways to fix stuff even though I have no time or materials.  Our apartment has one stripped screwdriver and one pair of pliers-dikes.  But one day I bought a tiny tube of superglue and fixed all the broken utensil handles during lunchtime.  I also fixed a broken drawer in the chest and I'm going to buy hook screws today so we can hang our ladles from the ceiling next to the stove. My apartment-mates probably think I have OCD.

As far as teaching and contacting, I want to talk about that in my email to everyone, but I don't know if I'll have time.  One hour on the computer is sooooo little.

I don't need a Christmas package.  Really, it is very expensive and I can buy everything I need here in Chile.  BUT, IF you want to send one, you should send it in the next couple weeks, because it will take that long to get to Chile.  If you have the desire to send me package, please email me, and I will tell you the things that I could use the most here in Chile.  But really, you don't have to.

Thank you for everything and for all of your prayers and love and support.

-Elder Thomas Crotzer

No comments: