Saturday, February 15, 2014

Yard Work and a '49 Hudson

Hey there.  How's your week going?  Are you ready for it to get a little bit better?

I've been working in the mission office here in Osorno, Chile, and it certainly has it's perks.  Like I can actually plug my camera into the computer and I probably won't lose all of my photos!

So prepare yourself to see some beautiful pics of your favorite Mormon missionary in the bottom of the world!

This first photo is of one of my favorite zone leaders, Elder Salazar!  He's from Argentina, and he's pretty much the most calm, tranquilo missionary I know.  We had an intercambio [exchange] the other week, and he was my companion when we contacted the deaf lady.  Didn't even phase him at all.


These next two photos are my companion and I giving some service for a family.  This companion left the mission a few days ago, and I have a new companion now, but I feel like I should give my old companion tribute.  Anyway, the family's father is always away from home and never has time for yard work.  We tore down all of the vines from the wall, and then we realized that the vines were one of the only things holding the wall up!  Haha, good times.



When we left the house of the service-family, and we saw this beautiful 1949 Hudson in the street.


So of course I took a picture, and then the owner came out and started talking to us.  He was a young doctor in his twenties, and he knew a fair amount of English and was really cool!  He said he didn't believe in God, but we were welcome to come back later and talk about old cars, haha.

This next photo is fairly self-explanatory.


The last photo is me and my "dad", or the missionary who trained me in the mission.  He just "died", or left the mission, with my other companion a few days ago.  But I got to say goodbye, and he wore my tie that I gave him!


Well, I'm about out of time.  Next week you'll get to hear all about the visit of an apostle to Chile!  Elder M. Russell Ballard is coming on Monday!

Until next week,
-Elder Thomas Crotzer

No comments: