Saturday, June 27, 2015

Flu Vaccines and Glacier

This week, Elder Medel and I went to Punta Arenas, where we finished off the lesson plan presentations.  It was cool to see how the presentation has improved over the last five weeks, and it's hard to believe that we gave it for the last time.

On Thursday, we had the chance to work with Elder Hardy and Elder Salgado.  It was good to have a full day to proselyte without any presentations or traveling.

On the way down to Punta Arenas, Elder Medel and I had to bring the flu vaccines to the missionaries, and the vaccines had to be kept in a certain cold temperature range.  So we took them in a cooler with ice packs.  We had to get the vaccines checked by the airline security (because they are needles).  The airline security people wrapped the cooler in this super official-looking tape.  When we got on board the plane, the lady sitting next to us saw the cooler, and then got up and found a different seat.  I suppose it must have looked like we were transporting a heart or liver, or something like that.


Sometimes people see our name tags, and they ask if we are police.  Maybe we are too serious?  I think we need to smile more... just kidding.


On the way back from Punta Arenas, the skies were clear, and we saw a GLACIER.  It was pretty cool.


So now Elder Medel and I are preparing to rinse and repeat [coordinate all the missionary transfers and assignments to new locations], one more time.  I am really impressed with Elder Medel.  He has some great ideas to revolutionize some leadership aspects of the mission.  We are working really hard this week to prepare everything for Leadership Council next Friday, and then the next cycle of Zone Conferences.

Editor's note:  To those who have been reading this blog, Thomas is down to his last "transfer period" or final six weeks in Chile.  He will be returning home in early August.

No comments: