Saturday, May 30, 2015

Practice Makes Perfect

Dear family and friends,

I am well.  Elder Medel and I are working really hard.  I am learning new things everyday, and enjoying my full-ride scholarship to the school of "trial and error".

We are accompanying President as he visits each zone to give the missionaries their interviews.  While he interviews, Elder Medel and I give a short presentation to the rest of the missionaries on making lesson plans, with the focus on improving their teaching ability.  We like to set them the goal of making their lessons a "discovery experience" for the student, instead of "the perfect sermon."  Then we work one-on-one with the missionaries as we review their current lesson plans.

It's fun, but it's really tiring.  In the next 4 weeks, Elder Medel and I will have given the presentation 42 times.  We told that to President, and he said, "Well, then I hope it's good by the 20th."

He's right though.  We are improving.

-Elder Crotzer

No comments: