Saturday, April 25, 2015

VOLCANO!

It's been an interesting week, but really they're all pretty interesting.


We gave two zone conferences, one in Osorno, and the other on the island in Chiloe.


The zone conferences were a "blast".  (hehe)

Wednesday afternoon, we were out working with two Elders in Chiloe, and then we get a phone call.


One of the volcanoes erupted!  We could actually see it a little bit from where we were.


To tell you the honest truth, there's really not much danger to any of the missionaries right now.  All of the ejected ash was carried away from Puerto Montt (where we have missionaries) and toward Argentina by the winds.  The only difference in the air that I've noticed is that the super thick, smoky fog that covers Osorno in the winter is just a liiitttle bit more smoky right now.  Actually, it smells just like Los Alamos smelled after the forest fires.  Home sweet home.

Some missionaries that are a little closer to the volcano are staying in members houses each night, and are prepared to evacuate, but I doubt they will unless there is another significantly larger eruption.  We'll see.

Here are some links to videos of the eruptions.  A senior missionary looked them up and forwarded me the links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5V-PAR0I4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdDZox3XQLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsckJ9U8M9I

Sorry I didn't write much, but I have a bunch of pictures!  Enjoy.



-Elder Crotzer

No comments: