Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Second Week in the CCM is Done!

This week has been the most amazing week of my entire life.  I've grown as a person and in my testimony of the Gospel more this week than at any other period before.  I learned how to set goals and I'm striving to achieve them and stretch myself.  I eat three meals, lift weights, study the scriptures, and sleep exactly the right amount every single day.  As a result of this new healthy and spiritual lifestyle, Spanish comes easily to me, and I feel inspired by the Spirit of God.  I heard two addresses given by Elder Jeffery R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Saturday and Sunday, back to back.  It was an Elder Holland double whammy.  They were the most inspirational addresses I've ever heard in my entire life, and as a result of them, I'm trying to be the best missionary I can possibly be.

On a more temporal note, I bought a ton of sweet ties at the Tienda this week.  At less than $4 apiece, you can't go wrong!  Mi compañeros and I got to the store right as they received a new shipment of ties, and so we got our pick.  In about two hours all the new ties were gone, so we definitely scored!  I'll send a picture next week of all the ties I have now, there are some pretty snazzy ones.

My district is like my family here at the MTC.  We spend about 8-9 hours a day with each other in the same classroom learning, so we've grown pretty close to each other.  The other night we sang, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and it was the sweetest hymn I've heard all week.

Mi compañeros are pretty much the coolest Elders here.  Elder Fisher and I swap Tinder stories and Elder Henrie is a beast goalie at soccer.  Speaking of which, I've started to play soccer every day as part of my gym time.  And can I just say that I have so much respect for good soccer players, because they are the most athletic people I know.  I'm pretty bad at soccer, but hopefully I'll get better.

Here are some more pictures:
My submission for the GQ cover photo, wearing
one of the sweet ties I bought at the Tienda.
 
A picturesque walkway in the CCM. 
Me doing some laundry on preparation day (P-day),
which is today. 
Vive le Mexico jello! 
The Mexican decorations in the cafeteria.
In this picture, there are two basketball games, one at each end
of the gym, and a volleyball game going on, all in the same space.
 
Soccer in the "cage", a basketball court with soccer goals at each end.

To close this e-mail, I want to bear my testimony again, this time in English.  I want everyone reading to pay close attention.  I know the old Thomas Crotzer would have skipped over this part because I thought it was boring, but I know that this is the most important part of this e-mail, and of who I am as a person.  The old Thomas Crotzer never really shared these things, because I was afraid that it was a touchy subject, or that I would alienate my friends, family, and coworkers.  But now, because of my great love for you, and as someone who has completely and fully dedicated two years of my life to the Lord, I can be silent no longer.

I know that Jesus is the Christ.  I know that he suffered for our sins in Gethsemane and on the Cross that we might be able to return to and live with our Heavenly Father.  I know that through the principles and ordinances of the Gospel, we can inherit all that our Father has.

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to the then 14-year-old Joseph Smith in 1820, and that through him, the complete Gospel of Christ has been restored as the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know that the Holy Ghost speaks to us, and bears witness of the truthfulness of all things.  I KNOW that if you pray to God, with a sincere heart and ask Him if these things of which I testify are true, He will answer you, as He answered me.  Would I be dedicating two years of my life if I did not know of a complete assurance that what I teach is true?

I plead with you to consider the things which I have said, and to gain a knowledge of them for yourself.  It will change your life.

Please remember, this is still Thomas Crotzer.  I still love girls and cars and chemistry.  The difference between me now and Thomas Crotzer two weeks ago, is that I have found a renewed purpose in my life, one that is worth putting everything in my life on hold for two years.  And I feel better now than ever before.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Elder Thomas B. Crotzer

No comments: